Thursday, November 1, 2012

diy thursday: getting rid of armpit stains

 

antiperspirant deodorant + white shirt = yellow pit stains = not cool
 
There is nothing like ugly yellow armpit stains to help ruin a white shirt.  I know Oxi Clean is supposed to get clothes super white if you just soak them in it or add it to your laundry. It always works for my mom, but I haven't had the greatest luck. A couple of years ago I experimented with it and did find a solution to the yellow pit problem!
I mix a VERY concentrated combination of warm water and Oxi Clean and put it directly on the yellow pit stains. I let it sit for at least an hour, preferably longer.  Then I toss the white shirts in the laundry as normal. And voila, the stains are gone!
 
 
I have tried many different tricks on how to get rid of yellow armpit stains, but this is the only thing I have found that truly works.


Another trick:  If you have colored shirts with pits that have white residue from deodorant that doesn't come off in the wash, then soaking them in a tub of warm water with Oxi Clean before washing them does help get rid of the residue. 
Posted by Picasa