Thursday, November 14, 2013

diy thursday: how to freeze avocados


I love avocados. They are so tasty. The only thing that bothers me is that you wait and wait for them to get ripe, and then all of a sudden you have to eat them that very day or they spoil. Ugh. Sometimes avocados are on sale and you want to buy a bunch, but you don't necessarily want to eat them all at the same time ... that is when freezing them comes in handy. I wasn't so sure whether this would work, but it totally did! The avocados didn't taste any different and they were as green as when I froze them (they didn't turn brown).

Ingredients
Avocadoes, pitted and pealed
Lemon juice

Directions
Put avocados in a bowl.
Add some lemon juice (no more than 1Tbsp per avocado)
Mash them all together. I use my KitchenAid stand mixer.
 
 
Place the mashed avocados in an airtight bag(s) and store it in the freezer until you need it. I used mine several months after freezing it and it tasted great.