Sunday, August 30, 2015

officially a carlson




A month ago today (yes, I am behind in blogging! but at this point in my life little miss e is more important than blogging;), Esther officially became a Carlson! We of course have known she was a Carlson since she was born - but it was such a wonderful and comforting feeling to have the Court confirm what we already knew. As I have said before, God has been so incredibly faithful on this adoption journey. God answered the prayers and doubts I had about adoption and gave us a daughter that I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to call mine (ours). Every day when I look at her I feel so blessed and privileged to be able to be her mor. Sometimes I just sit and stare at her and am overcome with joy and gratitude that she is our daughter. Esther has changed our lives forever in a perfect way. Even though the journey to parenthood was a long and difficult one, I wouldn't have it any other way. God has redeemed what seemed like a hopeless situation. In this process God showed His love and mercy for us - His adopted children!

I want to thank everyone who helped make this adoption possible - and most of all the woman who allowed us to become parents. She is the most selfless person I know. And I am grateful for her every day and I look forward to sharing that act of love with Esther as she grows in her understanding.


Esther was woken up from her nap in the court room and wasn't too thrilled about it so she wasn't in a smiley mood:)