Thursday, June 13, 2013

diy thursday: homemade natural soft scrub cleaner

 
As I have mentioned before on this blog, I clean my top loading washing machine monthly to kill bacteria growing in there. It is pretty gross that the machine that is supposed to wash our clothes and make them clean harbors so much dirt itself. Yuck. Even with the bleach and vinegar cycles, dirt it still left behind (see pictures below). It is pretty gross. The dirt had become ingrained in the white plastic. Not cool.
 
To fix the problem I decided to make my own natural soft scrub cleaner to remove this dirt. The cleaner works like magic! I had tried using an all purpose cleaner (after already putting it through a bleach and vinegar cycle) and it didn't work. But this concoction worked immediately. I could just wipe it off with a damp rag and it was gone ... like magic. It is super easy and inexpensive to make.
 
 
Ingredients
 
6 T Baking Soda
2 T Pure Castile Soap
1 1/2 t water
 


Directions
 
Mix all of the ingredients together into a paste.
 
 
 
Rub the paste on the dirty area and wipe off with a damp sponge/rag.
 
 
And voila! The dirt is gone.
 


You can of course use this natural soft scrub to clean many things in your home.