Wednesday, December 9, 2015

grateful



Today I am grateful.

Today we are celebrating Esther turning one. This year has flown by and I can't believe our daughter is now one. So much has happened this year - so many developments and milestones. I love and appreciate the little girl Esther is becoming. She brings so much joy to our day and I can't imagine life without her. Not a day goes by where she doesn't bring a smile to my face:) She is such a gift!

But today is about so much more. It is about how one year ago today a special woman made an incredible sacrifice. A sacrifice that enabled us to become parents. I am thankful for this woman every day. I have been so filled with gratitude as I look back upon this day in the hospital a year ago. Our hero carried and labored for us so that we could experience a glimpse of the love God has for us as we love Esther. When I look at Esther and how much Michael and I have gained by having her in our life, how much sweeter and blessed our life has become, I am so thankful and incredibly aware of the reality that this woman had to let go of so much at the same time. There are no words that can adequately describe how thankful and blessed we are. But the overwhelming feeling I have today is a feeling of gratitude. Gratitude for the woman that made it possible for us to have a daughter that is turning one today. What an amazing and selfless gift. God is so good!

Today I am grateful.

3 comments:

  1. She is a darling little treasure for sure! We celebrate in gratitude with you for all that God has done! You are learning first hand about "seeing life through the lens of gratitude". It will change you!

    ReplyDelete