Monday, January 21, 2013

another year

 
I had a great birthday last week. I had a great day of free meals and hanging out with my husband and friends. I like birthdays ... sometimes though it can bum me out to think about my age and the dreams of what I thought I would have accomplished by the new age etc. But I thoroughly enjoyed this birthday. I am full of excitement and hope for what is to come. I have no idea what that means, but I look forward to seeing the new year unfold. Despite trying times of sickness and deep desires going unrealized (which I may write more about later),  I am also blessed. And I am thankful. I am so in awe of an awesome God who loves me. A God that is all knowing and is perfect in wisdom. My prayer for this year is contentment and joy despite circumstances. He is in control and I want to rest in that.

Here I come 2013 - full of anticipation for what the new year might hold.