Thursday, March 14, 2013

diy thurday: natural glass cleaner

 
  
Continuing in my quest to use all natural cleaners, I decided it was time to make a natural glass cleaner. In the past I have tried buying natural glass cleaners, but they leave annoying streaks and aren't cheap. I have tried a mixture of vinegar and water, which has worked better than store bought natural cleaners, but still leave some streaks. But then after some research, I learned that if you add a little cornstarch to the mixture it eliminates streaking. And it works really well!
 
 
Homemade Natural Glass Cleaner
 
 
Ingredients
1 cup distilled water
2 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
2 Tbsp rubbing alcohol
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch

 
 
Directions
 
Add all the ingredients to the spray bottle using a funnel. Shake the bottle and it is ready to use!
The cornstarch will settle at the bottom, so you need to shake the bottle right before you use it.
 


 
 
Enjoy this natural budget friendly streak free glass cleaner.